Stories from the lives of Jared, Stephanie, Aubrey, Hannah and Dani Or, Jare-phanie-brey-nah-ni


Wednesday, August 22, 2012

4 Months!

    Sometimes, I can't believe I'm a Mom. Then I hear Aubrey crying and I think, "Oh...I guess I should take care of the baby in the other room!"

    Aubrey is already 4 months! I still remember when we first brought her home and how tiny she was :) I was going through what pictures we have left after our hard drive dying and she was so itty bitty. 

    She was born 7lbs 5 oz and about 19 inches. Now she is a whopping 13 lbs 12 oz and 24 inches (23 and 3/4, but I round up). She now fits in to 3 month size outfits and the 3-6 range. 

    It was so sad putting away her newborn outfits and it was just as sad packing up the 0-3! But she has some pretty cute outfits. Some of them are still a little too big, but it just gives us something to look forward to!

    This weekend we are going down to see my parents (Nana and Papa to Aubrey) and we're going to get some pictures taken of her. I'll post a good one to show you how adorable she is!

    Updates on her crazy growth: 

  • She can roll over both ways
  • If we hold on to her hands, she'll pull herself up
  • She can sit for a few seconds in her boppy pillow before getting distracted
  • She can grab both of her feet and almost pull them to her mouth
  • She puts EVERYTHING she can into her mouth
  • She loves chewing on my knuckles. She's got some chompers in there, but no teething yet
  • Her eyes are going more towards Jared's color with is greenish
  • Her hair is also going more towards Jared's and is red
  • She loves to make noises, even if they are just yells to make her presence known
  • On good Sundays, she can make it through the first hour without making us take her out in the hallway...rarely happens
  • We've gotten her to laugh, but she mostly just makes happy little yells, which I will also accept as laughter until we get her to laugh more. 
  • She sleeps better on her tummy-I hear that's a no-no, but if she sleeps better, I'm going to keep doing it. She lifts her head super well so I think we'll be OK
    We're going to try rice cereal a few times this next month to see how she likes it. The first tiny bit was a relative success. It was more of an experiment. The next time will be the real first try and I'll post pictures of that!

    She's such a great baby, even though she can be such a terror sometimes! Her happy moments make it all worth it though. 

No comments:

Post a Comment