Stories from the lives of Jared, Stephanie, Aubrey, Hannah and Dani Or, Jare-phanie-brey-nah-ni


Wednesday, April 2, 2014

Aubrey's Favorite Things

Aubrey will be 2 in 2 weeks. Crazy! So here are some of her favorite things:


Aubrey has 4 go-to movies that we watch several times a week, it seems. 

For months, Mulan is the one movie that calms her down from the very first minute. She comes running when she hears the music right when the movie starts. It's the first movie I put on when she's starting to throw an out-of-control fit. Hooray for it being on Netflix!

She loves Swan Princess now too. Good thing it's on Netflix too. I know it's a good movie when she assumes the movie watching position:
But the movie has tons of songs and she likes to get up and dance to them. 

Speaking of songs, Aubrey is really getting into Frozen.  When Jared starts singing along, she just turns and gives him a look until he stops and she can hear the movie better! It'll be fun when she starts understanding more and laughing at the jokes. 

Aubrey keeps picking Monsters Inc out of the pile when I ask her to get a movie. Even when I disorganize the movies on her shelf, she still finds Monsters Inc and brings it to me! But it doesn't hold her attention as well. 
----
She has a couple books that she always goes too, as well. 

She loves picking out the Lion King book. She'll even sit there and let me read most of each page to her. Mostly she looks at the pictures and will kiss grown-up Simba every time he's on a page. It's pretty cute!

And Aubrey loves the Brown Bear, Brown Bear books. She'll get the Brown Bear one and the Polar Bear book and have me go through each animal. 

Every day she pulls the My Beautiful Savior book into her bed. We leave it on the bench after reading it to her at night. When she gets up in the morning, I guess she finds the book and pulls it into bed with her. Every time I get her ready for her nap, I have to pull the book out of her bed or she would sleep on it!
----
She still gets picky about what she eats, but she's branching out now! If she can dip it in something, she will eat it. 

Every morning, Aubrey has yogurt. She runs to the fridge and tries to open it to get her yogurt. And now that she's big enough, she can reach up to where they are and pick the one she wants. It's pretty cute. Sometimes she'll have a banana an hour after eating the yogurt, but mostly she just has yogurt in the morning and whatever Jared is eating for breakfast. 

Her lunches vary each week, depending on what I get at the grocery store. Some days she has macaroni and cheese. That's always been a favorite of hers. I make a box and it feeds her for about half the week. Aubrey just shovels it into her mouth!

Some days I spread peanut butter on half a slice of bread and fold it over. She'll dip it into the quarter size amount of jelly on her plate. That was a fun discovery!

Sometimes she just has leftovers from dinner. Like spaghetti or ravioli. 

Dinners are where she's branching out. I gave up trying to give her waffles/pancakes because she would never eat them. But now she's all for them! If she can dip them in syrup or jam, of course. But the other night she ate her own little pancake and ate 3 of the 4 triangles of a waffle! 

Aubrey loves ravioli. I get the cans of mini ravioli, which are perfect for her to put whole into her mouth. 

I try and have sides to help her get veggies and fruits. She'll eat peas, corn, green beans, pear pieces and apple slices.
----
Favorite activities depend on her mood. Some days she likes doing her puzzles. But she's figured them out and they aren't as much fun. Another activity is pulling out all the books and movies. Then she gets mad that she slips on them and falls on her bum. 

Going outside on the balcony is her one true desire. She'll stand by the door trying to pull the handle open. It's finally warming up, so I leave the door open parts of the day. 

When she's in a good mood, she'll "sing" songs with me. She'll at least do the hand motions with me. We do Popcorn Popping, Itsy Bitsy Spider and Book of Mormon Stories. Currently I am teaching her The Wise Man Built His House Upon A Rock (is there a shorter title for that song?).
----
Words Aubrey will say: Shoe, Cool, Hi, Bye, No, Done, Gone, Pooh and More (sounds like MOE). Even though she won't say words, she understands a lot. I think she's just stubborn. 


So anyways. Those of some of Aubrey's favorite things! I can't believe she will be 2. She's growing up way too fast!

No comments:

Post a Comment