Stories from the lives of Jared, Stephanie, Aubrey, Hannah and Dani Or, Jare-phanie-brey-nah-ni


Sunday, October 9, 2011

Enjoying My Days Again

    I've hit the second trimester and things are good so far! My nausea has cut down considerably, I have a little bit more energy, and there are some fun pictures on the fridge of the little person growing in me. 

    There have also been a lot of lessons learned over the past few months and I've finally figured a few things out. For example: I shouldn't eat right before bed, or I'll wake up in the middle of the night hungry!

    Other things I've learned: 

    Drinking lots of water helps with nausea
    Some things start to taste and smell differently, so be careful
    Smells stick around, even after brushing teeth and changing clothes...sorry Jared
    Sometimes my hungry feeling isn't really hunger. If I can sit it out, the hunger and nausea will go away
    Snacks are the way to go. I eat multiple times a day, but it's always small snacks. A few crackers, handful of goldfish, a fruit cup, handful of grapes and things like that. 

    Work is going well, I have a chair most of the time, so I can sit and relax. Every now and then I get up to walk around when things are slow (gotta get some exercise!).

    Poor Jared gets me every night when I'm tired and agitated from work, but he still loves me and puts up with my sickness days. 

    Waking up in the middle of the night has gotten better lately, but it still happens sometimes. There have been some days where I'm exhausted, but I can usually survive. Most of the time it's just waking up a few hours earlier than I want to eat something! :)


    And it is so much nicer having people know I'm expecting! I can make fun little comments and I don't need to try and hide the fact I've gained some weight (even if it's just been a little bit and only I can tell). 

    Jared has been really great this whole time, wanting to take care of me and help whenever and where ever he can. Sometimes there isn't a whole lot he can do, but the thought counts to me.

    I'm so excited to figure more things out. I can't wait for the nausea to go away some more. And I love Jared and can finally enjoy more time with him, rather than feeling sick all the time and feeling like I constantly complain...

No comments:

Post a Comment