Stories from the lives of Jared, Stephanie, Aubrey, Hannah and Dani Or, Jare-phanie-brey-nah-ni


Tuesday, June 26, 2012

OCD Much?

    Ever since I had Aubrey, I have become more and more OCD about different things. I hear it's normal, but it's just getting a little annoying. And I'm not even sure if it's really me being OCD or just being paranoid!

    I'll list everything I do (or that I am aware of doing) and you can vote if I have OCD tendencies or not. 
  • It is impossible for me to sleep at night if I don't check on Aubrey right before I get in bed for the last time. She could be fast asleep for half an hour, but I toss and turn in bed and have to get up one last time to make sure she's OK. 
  • I was my hands after touching anything. If I can't wash my hands right away, I use hand sanitizer like there is no tomorrow. I don't even have to be getting ready to hold Aubrey, I just touch something a little dirty and I have to clean my hands. 
  • I have to have Aubrey's clothes a little organized. I separate her clothes by size and by function. I put her pajamas in one pile, her pants and other bottoms in another pile, her onesies in their own pile and dresses have their own pile. Right now the clothes are a mess in the drawers and I just get overwhelmed when I try and dress her in the morning.
  • Every week I try on my pre-pregnancy jeans, hoping they will fit this time. Pretty sure they won't fit until after a few months of Zumba, but for some reason I have to check every week to see if I can fit into another pair. 
  • I always have to have Aubrey on a blanket when I lay her on the ground or the couch or in her crib. It's not that she needs the extra padding, I just have to lay her on something. 
  • I check babycenter.com constantly. I read about things to help her grow, things she should be doing in the next few weeks and I get tips to help me control my stress. At least once a day I check the site and sometimes reread the same articles I read last week, just to make sure I didn't miss anything that might be helpful.
So those are the main things I do. 

What do ya'll think? Am I showing OCD tendencies or am I pretty much normal? Or is it normal to become a little OCD with a little baby?

1 comment: