Stories from the lives of Jared, Stephanie, Aubrey, Hannah and Dani Or, Jare-phanie-brey-nah-ni


Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Gratitude

    I want to take this time and be a dork by expressing how grateful I am for so many things!

    I've decided to just make a list so I don't make this a huge blog post

    What I am grateful for: 
  • A wonderful husband who supports me in everything I/we do. I am so happy he loves me and wants to be with me forever and ever
  • Our super great daughter who gets cuter and cuter every day! She makes me laugh and I am so thankful to be her mother. I love her so much
  • My parents and everything they have taught me over the years. I love my family and I can use them as a building block for what I want mine to be like. 
  • I am so thankful for The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. I love this gospel and the spirit that I have in my heart and home and family.
  • Grateful for all the wonderful members in my ward. They have been so welcoming and I have made some great friends in just a few short months of being here.
  • Attending/visiting temples has become a huge desire in my life so I am thankful for a temple to be so close. We are about 20 minutes away from the Atlanta Temple and were about the same distance from the Nashville Temple when we lived there. I love how many temples there are and I am so excited to continue seeing the numbers grow.
  • The scriptures. It is so wonderful having immediate access to my scriptures and the truths that are in them. With my extra time and motivation to fulfill my calling (Sunday School Worker teaching the 14-15 year olds) I am excited to spend some of my days reading and studying the scriptures and how they can pertain to me. And it's perfect we are studying the Book of Mormon because I/we can always learn more from the book that was created and translated for me/us.
  • The jobs Jared and I have. I am thankful Jared likes his job and the people he works with. Work isn't always the easiest thing in the world, but he sticks with it and enjoys it overall. 
  • Technology. What a great world to live in where I can text or call my Mom whenever I want! I can Skype with my Dad and brothers and talk to everyone, even though we are away! I love my family (gave them a shout out earlier) and I would be so upset if I couldn't talk to them as much.

    I live such a great life and I have so many more things to be thankful for! I just wanted to post the top things I am grateful for. We blessed Aubrey at church June 3 and Jared and I shared some of our testimonies. While speaking in general is not an issue for me, sharing my testimony is hard for me. I keep it personal and close to my heart, so sharing it makes me self conscious.  

    Hopefully by sharing what I am thankful for on a regular basis, I will become more comfortable sharing my testimony more than once every few years.  

    I am also very thankful that you read my blog. I don't share anything important or talk about interesting things, but I appreciate you keeping an interest in my life!

No comments:

Post a Comment