Stories from the lives of Jared, Stephanie, Aubrey, Hannah and Dani Or, Jare-phanie-brey-nah-ni


Friday, September 28, 2012

Some News

    So it won't become official until the doctor says so, but I'm pretty sure Aubrey is teething. I've been going crazy the past little bit because Aubrey is not sleeping, she cries a bit more for no apparent reason and she hasn't really cared for nursing during the day. 

    But today, she finally calmed down while sucking on my thumb...HARD. It wasn't until she lifted her tongue that I felt her bottom gums. There was something sharp and I just thought she had something in her mouth. Once I got her calm and was singing to her, I checked her mouth for whatever it was that was sharp. 

    Upon a deep inspection, I found the sharp spot on her bottom gum where her teeth will start coming in! I played with her mouth for a little bit (she thought it was funny) and I've decided it's a tooth coming in. 

    Of course, being the new parent I am, I texted my Mom, texted my friend Rachel who has two older kids and a baby almost two weeks older than Aubrey, and looked on babycenter.com for more information. 

    Aubrey has the "symptoms" of teething (drooling more, chewing on EVERYTHING, irritability, not sleeping, and not caring much for nursing) and I might be fooling myself, but I think I can figure out where the tooth is coming in. 

    We have teething rings, beanie babies, cold wet rags (idea stolen from Rachel) and links for Aubrey to chew on. I gave her a tiny bit of pain reliever and I rubbed it on her gums. 

    Tonight I may play with her tiny toothbrush and see if that will help her a little bit. 

    We have a doctor's appointment in a couple weeks and hopefully by then Aubrey will be a little better. 

    I feel a little foolish for not noticing earlier. Jared and I thought she was just being cranky and high-maintenance. She IS high maintenance and demands attention, but now that I'm thinking she's teething, I kinda have idea how to help her!

    We'll wait for the final confirmation from the doctor in a couple weeks, but I'm pretty sure Aubrey is teething. Hooray!

No comments:

Post a Comment