Stories from the lives of Jared, Stephanie, Aubrey, Hannah and Dani Or, Jare-phanie-brey-nah-ni


Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Potty Training and Bragging

    I got Aubrey a potty training seat! I know I'm jumping the gun a little bit and starting super early, but Aubrey is a smart girl. I think she'll pick up on it, she'll just be stubborn and refuse to do it. 

    The reason I am starting this so early is that she hates diapers. She hates being changed, she gets uncomfortable in them. So I'm thinking maybe she'll like doing it herself. Aubrey is getting very independent now that she walks. 

    I'll put little updates up every now and then. She's still going to wear a diaper during the night, but during the day she'll be in pull-ups. 

    If anything, this will be a fun project and experiment!

    So here is the bragging. Aubrey is just so smart! I play games with her all day and she loves pointing to things and making an inquisitive sound that sums up "what or who is that?" with just one syllable. 

    We've been trying to teach her body parts like nose, eyes, ears and all that. I play with her toes and do lots of little hand games like pat-a-cake or the itsy-bitsy-spider. She never repeats what I do and half the time she points to my nose instead of her own. 

    But yesterday, I was on the floor and thought I would review what we've learned the past few weeks. I would say the body part and she'd point to what it was! She pointed to her nose, ears, eyes, mouth and teeth! She wriggled her toes and her fingers! Jared got home and she patted her own head!

    She refuses to say words, but she totally understands when I say "find Eeyore!" or "find your milk." She'll go to her room when I say it's time to change her diaper. 

    At night, we say prayers, brush her teeth, read her a book and put her in the crib. Jared got her to fold her arms so when we say "say your prayers," she'll totally fold her arms and sometimes kneel on the ground with Jared. Love it! Then she'll immediately run down the hallway to the bathroom to brush her teeth. Then she goes to sit on the bench to read!

    Aubrey can be a handful, but she is awesome! Now the games will include colors and we'll start working on pieces of clothing. 

No comments:

Post a Comment