Stories from the lives of Jared, Stephanie, Aubrey, Hannah and Dani Or, Jare-phanie-brey-nah-ni


Tuesday, May 29, 2012

I Lose Track of Time

     It seems like all I do during the day is feed and entertain Aubrey, change her diapers, try to sleep while she naps, feed her more and wait for Jared to get home from work. I lose all track of time during the day.

    Aubrey is a little over 6 weeks and we've worked out a small routine with a few variations. Mostly, we wake up around 6 or 7 for her first breakfast. If she's slept about 5 hours, this is when she's awake and super cute. I turn a couple lights on so she can learn it's day time, but after about an hour of playing after being burped and all that, she takes a little nap. I stick her in the bouncy/vibrating chair and let her move and kick and wiggle until she's content.

    After about an hour of napping, she'll wake up, somehow realizing it's been two hours since she last ate. I keep her up though and we play. If she gets cranky, I use the pacifier to help calm her down. This usually works for about half an hour before she gets hungry. 

    There is more playing and I will probably take some pictures around this time of the morning. She makes some of the cutest faces and she's working on smiling now! We practice talking and singing and dancing. 

    The brainwashing has begun as well. I sing her the BYU Cougar Fight song throughout the day and we have a little dance routine to it as well. When she's in a good mood, she'll "sing" with me and smile. If she's a little grumpy, she'll tolerate me moving her arms like a crazy person. 

    Another little nap is hopefully squeezed in somewhere here around 10:30. This nap is sometimes a little longer because she is still tired from the playing this morning. So I let her sleep until she's happy. 

    She wakes up hungry and I try to play with her for a little bit. It's not as easy in the afternoon to distract her from wanting to eat every 2 hours. She's been gaining weight regularly, says the doctor, so I don't need to feed her every couple hours and I can try to space out the feedings. 

    Anyhow, the same things happen over and over. She'll wake up from a nap and I'll feed her after playing a little. Then we'll play more before she takes another nap. I change her diaper before each feeding, but sometimes she has a crazy explosion during playtime or a nap. 

    We try to play on our tummies in the afternoon so Aubrey can learn to lift her head more and eventually crawl. She's great at moving her legs, so in a few months when she can lift her body up and move her arms, she might get the hang of it. 

    Jared gets home around 6:30 or 7 on a good day. Then he helps change her diapers and plays with her. He's been really great at staying up with me a few nights of the week. Aubrey gets upset at night when she's tired or over-stimulated. Most nights she'll keep me up til about 12-1 and will sleep pretty well after her last little meal. 

    She's a great baby and we are working on getting a schedule more in place. Every day changes though, depending on her mood and how much sleep we both get. Her jerky arm motions makes her punch herself in the face, which makes it difficult to fall asleep :)

No comments:

Post a Comment