Stories from the lives of Jared, Stephanie, Aubrey, Hannah and Dani Or, Jare-phanie-brey-nah-ni


Monday, May 7, 2012

Changes

    Aubrey is such a great baby! We celebrated 3 weeks with her last night and just love her to death!

    We had the two week check up this past week and she is doing so great! She was born weighing 7lbs 5oz. When we brought her home, she weight only 6lbs 11oz. At this visit, we found out she is 8lbs 9oz! So she is doing very well with gaining weight these first few weeks. 

    She also grew a couple inches :) She's about 22 inches now, which the doctor said is pretty long! I'm having to stretch some of her onesies to fit her body now! 

    But Aubrey isn't the only one having a difficult time fitting into some outfits. I'm having to go through my closet and find what few clothes I have that will fit me now. When I start exercising again, I should fit into a few more clothes, but right now I'm a little limited. My mom was so great and bought me some really comfortable clothes, so as long as I stay in the apartment, I can just wear my lounge pants and pajamas all day!

    Aubrey is also great at sleeping. When she's napping, she is totally asleep! I can move her, fidget with her arms, talk to her and she'll fight so hard to stay asleep. While she sleeps, I am able to clean a little bit and I can even take a shower! One day I did my hair as well and she was just fine. 

    It's fun figuring out all the things I can do with Aubrey here at home. I love to play with her, but when she's asleep, I have to entertain myself! 

    Netflix doesn't bother her, and I usually keep the volume kinda low. I also have an easier time reaching my feet, so I'm planning my own pedicure day, which will happen soon :)

    I am so excited to eat things I wasn't supposed to before, like hot dogs and sandwich meat! I feel like I have so many options of foods to eat!

    When I start getting my energy back and I get used to this awkward sleep schedule, I'm going to start exercising again. I can start small with walks with her, and while she sleeps, I can maybe do some sit-ups or something. I feel like I was in better shape when I was 9 months pregnant with all the walking I did!

    We love our life with Aubrey. In a few weeks, we hope to have tons of super cute pictures that I can post on here. I love taking pictures of her, but they are no where near being professional and I am not a good picture taker :)

No comments:

Post a Comment