Stories from the lives of Jared, Stephanie, Aubrey, Hannah and Dani Or, Jare-phanie-brey-nah-ni


Monday, May 20, 2013

Mother's Day

    This Mother's Day was pretty great. Jared was awesome and Aubrey was so great!

    I got a present early and it has some sentimental value. Jared got me a Mississippi pearl snowball necklace! A few years ago I got one from my parents when I was leaving Mississippi to start school at BYU in Provo, UT. When I was in the hospital having Aubrey, some people broke in to our apartment and stole the necklace (among other things). Jared knew how much I loved it so he found one like it and got it for me! He was so excited, he gave it to me early :)


    Because Mother's Day is on Sunday, we made plans to do thing Saturday. Jared took care of Aubrey in the morning so I could sleep in. They went to the store and got things for my special Sunday dinner he would be making. Later in the day, he said he heard of a great cookie place that was famous for their frosted sugar cookies. I love frosted sugar cookies, so after Aubrey's morning nap, we headed out for the cookies. 


    Jared had the address and punched it in. But when we got to our destination, it wasn't the cookie place. He went in to ask directions while I waited out in the car with Aubrey. A few minutes later, he came out and said that they don't have the cookies, but they have a massage waiting for me! The place he went in to ask for directions was a spa and he had called ahead to set up an appointment for a 1-hr massage for me! Jared is so wonderful. 


    The massage was amazing and when I got in the car, the famous cookies were waiting for me! The cookie place does exist and Jared got the cookies for me. 


    While he was out and trying to waste time while I was massaged, he went in to Hobby Lobby and saw they were having some great sales on home decor stuff. Our home needs a little decor so he told me about the sale when I was done. 


    What a great sale! We love little plaques and we found some good ones. We also needed some hooks for our bags so that was cool. The plaques say "Family," "As far as everyone knows, we are a nice normal family," and "I kiss better than I cook."


    Jared and I gave talks on Sunday and they went pretty well. We took turns holding Aubrey while the other one spoke. Totally worked out. During church, I got a flower and a piece of chocolate because the men couldn't decide which to get :)


    For dinner, Jared made chicken mozzarella with ham and sauteed grape tomatoes. So yummy! 


    Overall, it was a great Mother's Day weekend. Aubrey had a few cranky moments, but we all got through it and still came out happy :)

No comments:

Post a Comment