Stories from the lives of Jared, Stephanie, Aubrey, Hannah and Dani Or, Jare-phanie-brey-nah-ni


Saturday, May 4, 2013

New job, new apartment, new adventures

    Great news! Jared's new job is so awesome!

    He is now an Account Executive at Catalyst Marketing Design! His bio can be found online here!

    The people he works with are so nice. It's a small office so everyone works closely together and it's a tight-knit team. The account he'll mostly be working on is Tyson chicken. I'm totally cool with that, because when they have events and there is left-over chicken, he can bring it home and I don't have to cook dinner!

    So Catalyst is in Fort Wayne, Indiana. I can definitely say we never thought we would be moving to a place like Fort Wayne, let alone Indiana. But it has been a wonderful move! 

    Jared was doing some training a few weeks ago and instead of being apart for a few days, I decided to go with him (and bring Aubrey of course). He was able to learn about his new position from the person who was leaving, so that was awesome. Aubrey and I began the hunt for an apartment. 

    I pretty much knew what apartment I wanted because I had spoken to several people about one place. When Jared accepted the job offer, I started looking at apartments online and I got totally overwhelmed. Luckily, I am a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints which is world-wide and full of amazing people!

    I called the Bishop over the area we were considering moving to and left a message requesting help and information. He called me back and suggested a place several members of the church live in. He also gave my number to one of his counselors. He called me and told me about the same place. He gave me a number of a family living at the place. Everyone said great things about Canterbury Green Apartments!

    The first place Aubrey and I went to visit was Canterbury, obviously. I loved it! Everything look really nice and the complex has tons of fun things to do and see. 

    After the first place, I had pretty much decided I wanted to be there. But I thought I should still check out a few places I found online that got good reviews. Oh. My. Heck. I went to one place and I was too scared to get out to even go in the leasing office!

    Another place wasn't as bad, but it was smaller and more expensive than the apartment I already liked. 

    Well, I picked Jared up from work and we ran over to the apartment I liked so he could see it and help me make the final decision. He totally liked the apartment I wanted so we got the papers all signed and everything! It was so great!

    As I said in another post, we moved on the 15th and got to Fort Wayne to greet our moving party! Another shout out to The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints! We had what seemed like 10 people waiting to help us unload the truck. It was amazing!

    That week, I went through all the boxes and bins and got most everything figured out and organized. Jared helped a ton too on the weekend when he was off work. 

    I really like this apartment! We're still working on decorating and getting things the way we want, but we're happy! Mostly, I'm happy, which is what really matters since I'm the one in it all day :)

    Once it's done, I can put a few pictures up! And our view out our patio will be really nice when the tree gets its leaves again. 

No comments:

Post a Comment