Stories from the lives of Jared, Stephanie, Aubrey, Hannah and Dani Or, Jare-phanie-brey-nah-ni


Monday, April 4, 2011

Madness Monday!!

    I've started training for my job at Bank of America! Nothing too exciting my first day. Just watching silly videos and getting paperwork ready and such. But big events came when Nashville had several tornado warnings!!

    This tornadic activity was totally AMAZING! And not so much amazing as being positive, but rather emphasizing the shear power that was demonstrated by the weather. 

    Most of the day has been raining, no big deal, it rains everywhere. The sky was mostly grey, which was fine, again, no biggie. 

    When the rain started pouring, I got a text from Jared at his work about 15 minutes away saying Nashville was under tornado warnings.  A couple minutes later, I SUDDEN BURST of storm out of no where came blustering by!

    It was impossible to see the giant light up signs across the street! A tree was knocked down and just BARELY missed one of my co-worker's car! Luckily, I parked Bob Dixon (our car) away from trees, but he was under a power-line. I had little day dreams of the power-line falling and ELECTROCUTING poor Bob Dixon!

    No worries, everything worked out fine. The storm stopped before I got off work so I could go and get our weekly groceries. Driving to pick Jared up from work was fine, but the way back was pretty lame. 

    Some of the traffic lights were dead or were blinking red/yellow. It was insane pulling up to a BUSY intersection and trying to figure out who goes when. If it wasn't for the car next to me, I would have just closed my eyes and hit the gas and pray no one would hit me. 

    The interstate was crazy because everyone was driving super careful because of the pouring rain and the lights still weren't fixed right after the exit, but after a few lights, things were smooth sailing. 

    Should I take this bad weather on my first day a sign of an awful future at the bank? NAH! From now on, I can handle anything! HAHA yeah, not really :)

    I'm very excited to go back though. It doesn't seem like training will be too hard and the people are VERY nice. Hooray I got a job and I can SAVE most of my MONEY! It won't be very much, but hey, we're poor newlyweds and we'll take what we can get!

No comments:

Post a Comment