Stories from the lives of Jared, Stephanie, Aubrey, Hannah and Dani Or, Jare-phanie-brey-nah-ni


Sunday, April 10, 2011

Workin Woman

    First week of work/training is over! And it was pretty great overall. I've met some fun people, I think I've gotten the hang of the computer/web stuff, and I only work a few days a week. 

    Now I can work half the week and work on school half the week! Woohoo!

    It has been hard though getting used to waking up early and leaving with Jared. And when I have to be at work at 8:30, things get a little rough. 

    We wake up and start getting ready around 7. We try to leave at 7:30 in case their is traffic going downtown when I drop Jared off around 8. Because our internet was slow during conference weekend, we didn't watch conference and we are now listening to one talk each morning as we get ready. 

    Traffic isn't too bad getting downtown. It's nothing like Chicago or any big city. I'm able to drop Jared off and the roads to where I work are pretty open, so I can sometimes even get to work early. 

    But it's silly I can't work over my 20 hours. So if I get there early, it means I either sit in my car until I'm supposed to be there, or I leave a little early. I guess leaving early isn't so bad, except for when I get on a roll with my training and I have to stop in the middle of something. 

    Half hour lunch is taking some used to, as well :) I've gotten accustomed to eating whenever while at home, that being told when to eat and how long I have is a little different. Even at MWW Group in Chicago, I was able to decide when I wanted lunch and I had up to an hour!

    Working has been good though. Jared and I had a Kohl's gift card and we decided to use it on work stuff. I got a REALLY cute pair of paints for work and Jared got a TOTALLY AWESOME shirt! We'll have to put up pictures soon. 

    Also having my paycheck go mostly to savings will be awesome! We've been able to still save a little with just Jared working, but now we can save a bit more without cutting back on fun things...like an occasional pizza. 

    We went to the Nashville Temple yesterday, Saturday, and my heart was just so grateful for everything! We are so blessed to be in Nashville where Jared is starting his career and we are living on our own. We are so blessed for me to have finally gotten this job so we can save up money for emergencies, like in case Bob Dixon gives up on us. We are so lucky to have a temple only 15 minutes away from us so we can go once a month.

    Even though work might get a little tough sometimes, I have to remember to be positive! If I hit rock bottom, things can only get better! And I get AMAZING benefits working at Bank of America and the people are SO nice. 

    It's not in Public Relations, it's more of what I want to do. I got great experience working at a PR agency, but I'd much rather have the physical, face-to-face contact with customers/clients. Phone calls just don't do it for me!

No comments:

Post a Comment