Stories from the lives of Jared, Stephanie, Aubrey, Hannah and Dani Or, Jare-phanie-brey-nah-ni


Friday, February 3, 2012

Laundry Day

    Hooray it's Laundry Day! This isn't something I'd ever imagine me saying seriously, but I'm starting to enjoy it!

    Especially since we totally lucked out and have been totally blessed!

    We used to have to walk down a "slight" hill/mountain to get to the laundry center, pay a few quarters and have our clothes come out mostly clean and still kinda wet (even after the dryer). 

    One day, a nice person was taking boxes to the dumpster and saw us walking up the hill after switching clothes from the washer to the dryer. She noticed my baby bump and kept on going with her day. 

    A few days later, she saw Jared outside and stopped him. Turns out, she was moving between apartment buildings and the unit she was moving in to came with a washer and dryer already. In her old unit, she had to buy a washer and dryer. Because she now had two washer and dryers, she was planning on giving her old ones to Goodwill or something. 

    Then she remembered us and asked if we would like her washer and dryer! We said Heck Yes! Who can pass up a washer and dryer!? Jared went and checked them out, saw they were in good shape, checked the brand and everything online to make sure they got good ratings. He's very diligent.

    Now here we are with a washer and dryer in our apartment! She practically gave them to us! The movers she hired to move her big furniture between apartments just unloaded them into our apartment and hooked them up for me (the men took pity on me).

 Friday is now laundry day. Jared, before heading to work, will start the first load for me!




    It's silly, but we are so excited for laundry day now! I can do it while he is at work so we have more time together on the weekends. I don't need to wait til Saturday when I have the car to drive up and down the hill to do laundry (the hill is pretty steep and the extra 25 pounds in my middle makes it a harder walk). Jared doesn't care for folding, so I can do it while watching a movie and he's at work!

    Hooray it's Laundry Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment