Stories from the lives of Jared, Stephanie, Aubrey, Hannah and Dani Or, Jare-phanie-brey-nah-ni


Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Separating Wants From Needs

    The days are quickly passing away and we're getting closer to the due date! Jared and I are taking inventory of everything we've gotten so far and it's time to figure out what we NEED and what we WANT. 

    Unfortunately, we don't really know much about what we NEED. We know the basics like bottles and blankets and diapers and wipes and a crib and car seat. But we don't know how much of each we need, what good brands are, what our baby will like...

    It's a good thing people have been SO GREAT at helping us make sure we have most of the basics! We had the crib, car seat and stroller given to us pretty early in the pregnancy and it's all set up. We now have the dresser that has yet be finished. We have multiple outfits, a few boxes of diapers and wipes, and stacks of blankets. 

    Our collection of bottles is slowly growing (I have no idea how many bottles we'll need...). This is where the Wants and Needs get confusing. Do I just want to have a lot of bottles, or will I need to have several?

    We still Need a few things, like bathroom stuff. We have one towel, some bath soap and little bottles of things like shampoo. I suppose we will NEED a few more towels...can't have my baby shivering when she gets out of a warm bath like I do! But I WANT cute ones with little hoods and everything. I also WANT cute little bath toys, even though I know I'll be the one playing with them for the first while.

    The baby room is mostly decorated and looks so cute! My mom is going to bring out a chair I can put in the room so when it's the middle of the night, I'll have somewhere comfy to sit and hopefully fall asleep in! The chair counts as a Want and a Need.

    As far as decorations go, we're still working on separating the Wants from Needs. I suppose we don't NEED toys right away, but we WANT them! And I really want a cute mobile thing for the crib. 

    Is a car seat cover a Need or a Want? I see so many moms with them and realized I just mostly have blankets. Will blankets work just as well?

    She's also coming in the Spring, which means we'll be playing outside during the summer and fall. I WANT lots of cute summer hats and light jackets, but I guess I only NEED a couple of both...maybe just one of each...

    We still have a little time figuring out what we Need and Want...but not too much time...we would appreciate all the help we could get! We mostly just need ideas about what we really NEED. 

    We're just so excited for this baby and can't wait for her to come! Hope we'll be ready...but from what we hear, there is no real way to prepare, so I'm prepared to just go with the flow!
   

2 comments:

  1. So exciting!! Cant wait for pictures! You need to post pictures of the babys room once its finished

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hahaha the room might not be finished until the day after she's in it!

      Delete