Stories from the lives of Jared, Stephanie, Aubrey, Hannah and Dani Or, Jare-phanie-brey-nah-ni


Friday, April 20, 2012

Aubrey's First Check Up

    We are all doing well! My Mom is here helping out and still deciding what she wants Aubrey to call her. I think we've decided on Nana, but no one is sure yet. We've gotten the hang of nursing, after working out a few positions and her preferences. She is pretty good about eating every 2-3 hours. Sometimes her naps go about 4, but that's OK. She'll wake up happy enough and ready to eat. 

    Even though she sleeps most of the day, she's starting to spend more time awake, which is awesome! I love being able to play with her and see what silly faces she makes. My favorite face of hers is her little surprised look. 

    I'll put up some more pictures as time goes on. I'm bad at taking pictures, I just love staring at her! And she has the bad habit of closing her eyes as soon as we get a camera close, even with the flash off!

    She had her first doctor's appointment and she did so well! She only cried when she had to strip down and just be in her diaper in a cold office. But she is almost back to her birth weight, which is great! She passed all the other little exams and we couldn't be happier! Poor Aubrey was starving though by the time we left. She's not used to having to wait to eat and she kept trying to eat the doctor's hand! But she was good on the car ride home and had a nice second lunch and a well-deserved nap when we got home.

    Aubrey also does pretty well at night. I get a few hours of sleep and she'll make little noises letting me know she's awake before having to cry. It's a good system so far. We just have her in the bassinet in our room for this first little bit. I like having her close.  


    I'll keep posting little updates! She takes good naps, which gives me some free time. I know I should be sleeping, but I love looking at her and sometimes I just want to be close to her!

No comments:

Post a Comment