Stories from the lives of Jared, Stephanie, Aubrey, Hannah and Dani Or, Jare-phanie-brey-nah-ni


Thursday, January 24, 2013

Fun Size

    It's no secret, I am significantly shorter than my family. 

    See...
    
    There is quite a height difference. 

    But I think I know why I've stayed so small, both in width and height. 

    Most everything I eat is fun-size, junior size or kids' size. 

    I like Happy Meals from McDonalds, eating from the kid's menu at restaurants, and if there is a smaller option, I pretty much always get it. 

    For example, Jared and I went to Chipotle yesterday and the nice man let me order off the kid's menu. I got a small quesadilla, side of rice, side of beans, a small bag of chips and a chocolate milk box. It was the PERFECT size for me!

    Another example is from a few months ago. We had a Moe's Southwest Grill across the road from our apartment complex and we went there a lot (it's DELICIOUS!!). Jared would get a regular size burrito, but I always got the Jr. option of the same burrito :) Even then, I would save a part of the burrito for lunch the other day. 

    Third example is the kid's menu from Cracker Barrel. On days I didn't want to cook, we'd order and get take out from Cracker Barrel. Everything is in such large proportions, I again went to the kid's menu. The last time we did this, I couldn't even finish my meal! I had to put some of it in the fridge for the next day. 

    So yes, that must be the reason why I am so small! But, I am just fine eating smaller proportions. I don't get super full and I always have room for dessert a few minutes after eating dinner :)

    Yet, I dream of only being a little shorter than my family :)

(Obviously, they are bending their knees to reach my level)

No comments:

Post a Comment