Stories from the lives of Jared, Stephanie, Aubrey, Hannah and Dani Or, Jare-phanie-brey-nah-ni


Wednesday, January 23, 2013

It's Too Cold

    It's too cold for anything here in Geneva, IL! It's too cold to change out of pajamas. It's too cold to get out of a hot shower. It's too cold to even think of considering going outside!

    Yesterday morning, the temperature was -3 WITHOUT counting the wind chill. 

    That is way too cold for me to function!

    I didn't leave the house yesterday, and I didn't even consider thinking about it. 

    Monday, I ran out after taking a shower to get a few snacks and to stock Aubrey up on food for the week and hopefully next week. My hair was still wet and I'm pretty sure it froze a little bit in the car and during the minute walk into the store. 

    In fact, it was so cold, our little radio antenna on the outside of the car couldn't fully extend. Our windshield wiper fluid is frozen, so I hope our windshield doesn't get super dirty this winter!

    If I ever leave this house again, it is a definite requirement that someone warm up the car for 5 minutes with the heat up way high before I get in. My seat warmer must be turned on and I will have several layers of clothing on. Two pairs of socks may become the new norm!

    Don't worry though, by 10pm last night as I finished this blog post, it warmed up to a toasty 10 degrees....

No comments:

Post a Comment