Stories from the lives of Jared, Stephanie, Aubrey, Hannah and Dani Or, Jare-phanie-brey-nah-ni


Monday, December 2, 2013

Successful Trip!

I was totally expecting the worst this weekend when Aubrey was throwing fits and going crazy the beginning of the week. 

I told Jared Wednesday night that I did NOT want to even ATTEMPT the trip to Ohio. Said he could go and have a great time, but I HATED the thought of Aubrey being terrible AGAIN for a trip to Ohio. The past 2 trips were AWFUL because she would cry at everyone and was just upset constantly. 

But she did so well! Got a little cranky in the car after an hour, but Jared hopped back and held up the computer with a movie on it. Kept her happy the rest of the ride! 

Got to Jared's Grandparents' house just in time for Aubrey's nap. She took an AMAZING nap and woke up just in time for Thanksgiving dinner. I gave her the pacifier to help her feel secure. She sat in my lap the whole time and even ate off my plate! Her version of Thanksgiving was some turkey pieces, lots of fruit, broccoli with cheese, peas and corn!

Just absolutely amazing.

Her favorite thing to do was walk up and down the stairs from the breezeway to the kitchen. It's only 2 steps but she loved it! She'd run to the stairs, stop suddenly, carefully walk down and then run to the other side of the room. Then she'd repeat in reverse!

I'm just SO thankful that Aubrey was happy and cute. It REALLY makes the difference for Jared and me. There were times we could sit and talk with people and she'd just be running around entertaining herself!

It was wonderful being with family and catching up with everyone and having a REAL vacation! Jared and I got to sleep in. We didn't have any plans for most days we were out there!

I love my little girl and I think she is awesome (most of the time). It was so great having everyone else see what a cute and good girl she really is.

No comments:

Post a Comment