Stories from the lives of Jared, Stephanie, Aubrey, Hannah and Dani Or, Jare-phanie-brey-nah-ni


Monday, November 25, 2013

How I Waste My Day

It's the end of the day and I'm sitting back thinking over the day.

I feel like I'm busy ALL day with Aubrey, but I have NOTHING to show for it!

We're working on potty training. So FIRST thing this morning, we have some no-diaper time. I had her sit on her little potty getting her used to sitting on it. I believe potty training is a PROCESS and we're taking it slow. No rush.

Anyhow, she sat on her potty and watched Winnie the Pooh. When it ended, we put the diaper back on and then watched Tarzan. But when I say WATCHED, I mean, she RAN around making a mess and would stop to watch the TV every now and then.

She went down for a nap and I had a LITTLE downtime to work on my own project of putting ALL the pictures on the computer on to DVDs to help open up some free space.

Nap ended and she was up again, making her own little DISASTER area all over the apartment. We watched Tangled while I had her on the potty AGAIN (like I said, it's a slow process). Her diaper went back on after the movie and we watched some Phineas and Ferb. What a GREAT show!

I made Aubrey dinner of spaghetti-o's. It got ALL over her, which isn't any surprise. So in to the tub she went.

Jared went out and got some groceries for our holiday trip I posted about earlier (view post here ) and came home while I finished up the bath. Hooray he was home to help with Aubrey!

If I were to try and explain to people what I do all day, I would be LAUGHED at! They'd say "all you do is watch fun movies with your child, make quick meals and then pass Aubrey off to your husband." But that is SO not true!

Aubrey is usually very good and happy and so much fun. She's just full of energy and she's a constantly distracted baby. But when she's mad, she is MAD and turns into some other baby ENTIRELY!

What I do all day is control the BEAST!! 
  • We watch movies she loves so she can dance and we can have some fun together. 
  • I am CONSTANTLY putting away her toys and books so she doesn't hurt herself and she knows where to find them for future "use." 
  • I make meals to help her grow, but I'm limited to only a few things I know she will eat and I try and experiment with her snacks. Today I learned she likes chicken dipped in Heinz 57 steak sauce :)
  • I clean her and the floor up after her eating and I am ALWAYS trying to find all the cereal pieces that fall out of her little cup.
By the time Jared gets home, I've run out of most of my tricks to keep Aubrey good! Jared is so much better at playing with Aubrey and getting her to laugh. Aubrey and I watch the SAME movies every day. We read the SAME books. It's enough to drive some people crazy!

But I know my day is not a waste. Aubrey is happy in bed. She's growing, she's learning, and she's just so much fun. I love spending all day with her, even if she's running me ragged. It was my choice to be a stay-at-home mom and I am so glad I made that decision.

I suppose I should have titled this post "How I Enjoy My Day."

No comments:

Post a Comment