Stories from the lives of Jared, Stephanie, Aubrey, Hannah and Dani Or, Jare-phanie-brey-nah-ni


Sunday, December 9, 2012

She Used To Be So Little!

    I find myself thinking "she used to be so little" when Aubrey does the funniest, cutest, most terrifying things. She's growing up and I just can't believe it!

    She will be 8-months-old on Dec 15 and I am in denial she will be 8 months. I look back at pictures of when she was just a couple days old, then a couple weeks, then a couple months. Back when she could fit on the couch and lay there with me, or she would play on her back with her toys, or sit peacefully in her bouncy/vibrating chair.

    Now, she is rolling all over, smiles with her bottom two teeth, crawls all over the place, pulling herself up on anything. She won't sit still and she loves making loud noises. She says the sound "da" a lot, which makes Jared happy because she'll most likely say "dada" first in reference to him. Which is fine, I suppose. Jared and I have a deal that if she says "da-da" first, recognizing it's him, her first sentence will be "Mama is awesome!"

    We had to get a play pen for her. She started climbing up on her Bumbo seat and on the couch and on our coffee table legs, and practically anything. For the first few days, she obviously fell...a lot. Poor Aubrey was getting bumps and bruises and scratches from her falling. But we found her a nice cage and she's been happy and getting better about keeping her balance. Every now and then she'll get super excited and fall, but we put some soft blankets and she has some padding for when she falls. We plan to hang a sign above the play pen saying "Don't feed the monkey," or "Beware of biting!"

    Oh, paper is not allowed on the floor anymore. She'll drool on, tear and eat paper. We have a few magazines and Sunday paper ads that prove she is destructive!

    Jared and I (mostly I) went through her dresser and closet today to pack away clothes Aubrey has outgrown. It made me so sad looking at all the outfits she can no longer wear! She is out of 3 months (obviously) but can still fit in 3-6 months, depending on the brand and the type of outfit. 

    Anyhow, it was so sad putting away some of her outfits! We remembered how cute she was wearing them, or some of them were too summery and wouldn't work well in the winter. She had a few sleeveless, loose dresses she couldn't wear until it was starting to get cold anyhow. 

    But now, it's time for cute pants and socks and jackets and long sleeve onesies and footy pajamas!

    I'm going to try super hard to keep actively blogging! I realized the other day it had been a month since my last blog post. I totally missed Thanksgiving. Sorry everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment