Stories from the lives of Jared, Stephanie, Aubrey, Hannah and Dani Or, Jare-phanie-brey-nah-ni


Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Another Day Off

    I had yesterday and today off work, and I've run out of things I've wanted to do. Yesterday, my big project was to reorganize our storage room and it took all morning, which was great!

    All of our travel bags are now empty and I sorted everything and put them in bins, which I labeled very specifically. After all of our moving, we thought we lost a few things and had accepted the chance we left it somewhere and forgot to pack it. 

    Good news is, most of what we thought we lost, we found! And I found stuff we totally forgot about! For example, I was thinking the other day that it would be a good idea to get a flashlight for storage. Jared forgot he had one packed away in a suitcase, but now we have one!

    My goal today was to clean the whole apartment. The storage room looked great, so it's only fair the rest of the apartment looks just as good. I guess it wasn't that dirty because it only took me two hours (and that includes breaks and changing my songs on iTunes). 

    All the floors are vacuumed, the kitchen sink is free of dishes, the shower was cleaned, the bathroom rug was shaken outside, the bathroom sink and mirror are all clean. Our bedroom is all picked up and I made the bed. The only thing left I really have to do is clean off the table, but that's going to have to wait. I've decided to throw away all my stinky school books, rather than keep them and hope they sell on Amazon.com. It's supposed to be a rainy day today and they are super heavy for me to carry alone. 

    So I will wait until Jared is home so he can help me and we can do it in one quick trip in between rain spurts. 

    Tomorrow is my birthday, which is funny, because I work that day. I suppose I could have worked it out where I could have gotten it off, but it's ok. Jared is working anyway too and I get lonely when I spend all day by myself. So we'll have a small birthday thing tomorrow night before he goes to Cub Scouts. The real partying will be this weekend. I was able to trade shifts and get Saturday off so I can sleep in! Woohoo! 

    And believe me, on that day off, I will NOT be cleaning!

No comments:

Post a Comment