Stories from the lives of Jared, Stephanie, Aubrey, Hannah and Dani Or, Jare-phanie-brey-nah-ni


Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Birthday Month

    This year's birthday was pretty much awesome! Jared spoiled me the best he can with the budget I gave him and we made it last a week!

    I had Monday and Tuesday off work, so I sat around home and cleaned. Nothing big, but it was relaxing. Wednesday was the birth-day and I worked, which was actually fun! Alexa, the girl with me back in the drive-through sang Happy Birthday to me a couple times in Spanish!

    Everyone else didn't know it was my birthday so I got my wrist slapped when I was getting ready to leave and told everyone that the day was my birthday. They like to get cupcakes or something for the special person.

        But now I get to mention the best part! While I was still sleeping Wednesday morning, Jared woke up early and made me 22 birthday cupcakes!

They are confetti cupcakes with chocolate frosting and pink candles :)

    It was so much fun waking up and seeing all the cupcakes on the table ready to eat! Jared is such a great husband and does the nicest things for me! For dinner we went to Dairy Queen so I could get the Brownie Batter Blizzard of the Month, which was so yummy!

    Jared had to go to Scouts, but when he came home later that day he gave me a cute birthday card and a delicious bag of MnMs!

    I got a free rental from Redbox, so Jared got Just Go With It with Adam Sandler and Jennifer Aniston. We both really liked it!

    Friday wasn't too exciting during the day. Jared worked and I got the day off. So I ran a couple errands and relaxed at home watching Num3rs on Netflix. A great thing was Jared let me get a Big Kids Meal from McDonalds. Apparently I can't eat more than a Happy Meal because just the Big Kids Meal got me full.

    But fun news! We got a great house plant that I love! The plants outside are still working on coming back to life, so we wanted something that could live in our house and make our living room look more lively and pretty. It works! We haven't named him yet...

    Saturday we went to the temple after a quick surprise pedicure! When I was in the shower, Jared made me an appointment at a nail salon close to our apartment. It was so nice and a happy surprise! We went and had lunch at Chick-fil-A and made our temple visit. After that we went shopping! 

    Jared's mom got me some gift cards, one to Old Navy and the other to Bath and Body Works. It was so fun because Bath and Body Works was having a sale, so I still have a lot on my gift card after I got 2 soap things, a candle and lip gloss!

    I looked online earlier the week at Old Navy and found stuff I wanted, so we went to an Old Navy to see if they had anything I found. Nope. We drove all over trying to find the silly place and it turns out they didn't have ANYTHING I found online. But it's OK. Jared was nice about it and I just ordered the stuff online. 

    By that time we were kinda hungry and had plans to go to this Mexican place I heard about from a friend (Alexa, the same one who sang to me at work), Rose Pepper. It was so fun! The restaurant looked really cool and the food was amazing! We got the cheese dip (I loved it) and we got Chimichangas! Woohoo! It was pretty cheap and for only a dollar more, we could get two of them, instead of the one. 

    Oh my goodness. We ate half of one each and we were both happily full. So we got to take the rest of the plate home and even the cheese dip and had it for lunch on Sunday, which got us happily full again! So all in all, the one meal from Rose Pepper fed both of us TWICE! We will for sure go back again :)

    I also finally got my shoes! Jared got me some nice black pumps and had them sent to his office. But the shoes were sent to the wrong suite so Jared never got them and looked all over for where they might be and who might have signed for them. After a call to the place, they sent a new pair to the right place and I got them on Monday! They look totally great!

    Anyhow, it was a great birthday. I appreciated the text and phone call from James and Chris wishing me Happy Birthday. I appreciate Laura, Jared's mom for the gift cards. I loved the key chain from Rachel and thought it was sweet of her. And I just absolutely adore Jared for everything he did for me!

    My mom will be coming over this weekend, which will be so fun and I include that in the birthday festivities!

No comments:

Post a Comment