Stories from the lives of Jared, Stephanie, Aubrey, Hannah and Dani Or, Jare-phanie-brey-nah-ni


Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Bookies

    Now that I am done with school (HOORAY!) I find myself with lots of extra time before and after work and also on my days off. I just finished the last season Netflix has of Bones and I don't know what to do with my life on my own!

    So I set up a library account. They have free internet access/wifi and I got a card so if I find a book I like, I can check it out or take it to work with me so I can read when I get down time. 

    For some reason, today I am not scheduled to go in to work until later this afternoon. After dropping Jared off and sending in my passport to get my name changed (for free) I came to the library and am enjoying people watching. 

    At the table next to me, there are 3 VERY elderly people. They each have a little bag, which I assume is their lunch. Every now and then they break their staring out the window to make a little comment to each other, comments which make no sense to me. 

    The table I sat down at, there was a rather large black man who seemed to be focus in his book. I don't normally think I disturb people, so I quietly unpacked the laptop and cord and sat down to begin this blog post. As soon as I sat down, he looked at me, put down his book and left. 

    Did I break library protocol? Am I not supposed to sit at a table if there are 3 open chairs? I took the seat farthest from him...

    I feel as if I need to go talk to a librarian about the proper protocol of this library. There seems to be talking, so complete silence is not expected. What's the system with tables? Are there more tables I just don't know about? Do the elderly get special privileges in being able to eat in a "no food and drink" area?

    Until I figure out how this library works, what are some good books I can read? It's been a while since I've been able to read a fun book, not associated with school in ANY way. 

    I would appreciate all the help I can get! Leave comments and give me suggestions!!

No comments:

Post a Comment