Stories from the lives of Jared, Stephanie, Aubrey, Hannah and Dani Or, Jare-phanie-brey-nah-ni


Thursday, June 16, 2011

Birthday Month

   June means birthdays, which means shopping, which means irritation. Somehow, over the course of a year, I forget how picky I am. Jared and I went to the mall and looked around so I can figure out more of what I want and to give him ideas for a birthday gift. It was no help. 

    I am picky about my shoes, I want a watch, but I am picky about those too. My sunglasses just broke so I want a new pair, but I don't like the way some sunglasses look on me. I've given Jared a suggestion to get me some funky colored nail polish, but he doesn't really like that idea. 

   So now I'm stuck with just one idea. Mostly, I want the newest Kenny Chesney CD. I've heard a couple songs on the radio and love them all. In fact, I want all of Kenny Chesney's CDs. I have a couple of them, but I want them all! :)

    Oh, and I also want the movie Tangled. Such a great movie! I'm sure I can watch it a couple days a week and still laugh at the funny parts. 

    Now that movies are in my head, I also want Veggie Tale movies! As child-like as they are, I find them funny and entertaining. 

    Birthdays were always fun when I was around lots of family, like out in Utah when we'd celebrate Chris, James and my birthday with a big dinner and presents. We'd also celebrate uncles' birthdays too because they are close together. But now that I'm away from all that, I just want to keep things a little simple. 

    I can't decide between going out to eat or making a favorite food of mine. But I know I want cupcakes instead of a large cake. 

    One thing I KNOW I am getting is a Brownie Batter Blizzard from Dairy Queen! It's the blizzard of the month and it sounds SO yummy! I am also getting a bag of mini milky ways. I LOVE milky ways. 

    If Jared just gets me the blizzard, the milky ways, and a indoor plant for our apartment, it will be an awesome birthday!

No comments:

Post a Comment