Stories from the lives of Jared, Stephanie, Aubrey, Hannah and Dani Or, Jare-phanie-brey-nah-ni


Friday, July 22, 2011

All Before Noon

    Jared couldn't today off for an early vacation, but I did and took full advantage of my day off. I had a list of a couple errands I needed to run, and I was thinking they would take some time. But what the heck, I have tons of time!

    To have the car today, I dropped Jared off work after calling Firestone to see if they had time today to change our car's oil. They totally did, so that was my first stop.

    Firestone happens to be in the parking lot of Wal-mart, so I parked, had them take possession of the car and I started grocery shopping. I had to drag out the shopping for an hour because Firestone got a little backed up, but that's OK!

    I got everything on my list that I wanted from Wal-mart, headed back to get the car and had to wait a few minutes for them to give it back. Before, I had asked them to take off our license plates because they were stuck on. Jared and I tried getting it off, but one of the washers (whatever) was stuck and we needed help. Well, the guys forgot, but were more than happy to do it when I asked them again. Free of charge.

    Because I bought milk and things that needed to be put in the fridge, I came home and unloaded the car, only to go out again to Krogers. My Mom told me that sometimes they have better prices than Wal-mart on certain things, so I had Jared get the ads last night so I could plan what I wanted.

    A quick trip in Krogers and I had everything I needed.

    Laundry is about to be started and it's all before noon!

    Groceries only cost $40 and that was with us buying big items, like steaks, for our anniversary picnic! This may have sparked my new hobby of couponing!

    What a great day to just relax the rest of the afternoon after just a few trips to switch and fetch the laundry. To think, back in college I would sleep til about noon and now I'm getting everything done before then. Crazy!

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for running all those errands. It was an awesome weekend and I am excited for your next blog! :)

    ReplyDelete