Stories from the lives of Jared, Stephanie, Aubrey, Hannah and Dani Or, Jare-phanie-brey-nah-ni


Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Almost A Year

    I almost can't believe that Jared and I have been married almost a whole year. Our anniversary is July 23, this Saturday and we are so excited!

    People have commented (outside the mormon circle) that Jared and I got married really young and after only a short period of dating. That may be true, but we have been SO happy because of it!

    The first little bit was a little stressful with figuring out internships and where we would live. It seemed like every time we moved, we were starting over with our marriage, which was totally fine.

    Now that we have been on our own for about 7 months, it feels like we have only been married that long! But it's true, we have been married practically one full year! And if this one has gone by so quickly, I feel like I'll be saying the same thing when we celebrate 5 or even 10 years together!

    And one of my best friends, Rachel, is getting married in August which brings all the fun feelings for me back! I also remember some stressful ones, but all in all, getting ready for my wedding with Jared was so great. I hope she has such a great wedding and I hope she is getting excited for all the fun things ahead!

    Jared and I went shopping the other day for our anniversary presents. This year, they aren't too big, but they will be fun and have meaning. He already knows what one of his presents are, I bought them right in front of him and made sure they were what he wanted.

    For a few months he has been wanting mugs for his rootbeer. He loves Cracker Barrel with their frozen mugs and he wants to do them for himself some days. So I looked online and found what store had good ones. A nice lady in Bed Bath and Beyond helped us find what I was looking for and Jared seems very happy!

    I have no idea what I am getting, but I know my little gifts are under the bed, right now! I'm doing very well at not peaking, as long as Jared doesn't check our transaction history with our online banking. :)

    We have so many fun things plan for the weekend, we hope we can do them all. We will be going to see Harry Potter and we hope to have a little picnic. If it doesn't rain, we will shish-ka-bobs with potato salad (Jared's Mom's recipe), bbp chips and corn on the cob.

    This weekend will be a blast! We'll make sure to get pictures of the fun things, like the picnic and maybe us playing out in the rain :)

1 comment: