Stories from the lives of Jared, Stephanie, Aubrey, Hannah and Dani Or, Jare-phanie-brey-nah-ni


Monday, July 11, 2011

My Reviews

    So with Netflix, Jared and I are able to watch lots of TV shows from the first season to determine if we even like them. 

    We've watched shows like Parks and Recreation, Bones, 24 and many more. My mom came for the fourth of July weekend and introduced us to a new show, which we know love. 

    Flashpoint - this is a cool show about a team of people who respond to situations that involve negotiating. Like hostage situations. Jared and I really enjoy watching it, even though it is sometimes sad/depressing at the end. There is not a happy ending every time. But my Mom got us into it and we think we'll keep watching. 

    Parks and Recreation - we finished the seasons on Netflix and can't wait for the next season to be put up! We absolutely love it and will sometimes watch re-runs or talk about episodes we thought were so funny. 

    24 - it was a fun show, but we kept getting in trouble of staying up too late watching it. The hours always seem so short, so you want to watch the next episode as soon as one ends. Jack Bauer pretty much rocks. There are always a few characters though that we greatly dislike and often told Jack to just shoot the person...

    Bones - I love Bones, Jared doesn't really care for it. I think it is funny and entertaining and I learn things sometimes. I finished the seasons way faster than I wanted and I want the latest one to be put up so I can watch the first few episodes. 

    Monk - Jared has gotten into Monk and he really likes it. It's fun watching it from the beginning, but I've already seen some of the later season episodes, so I just watch to learn more about Monk. 

    American Pickers - This is about two guys who travel all over an area pretty much looking for other people's junk to sell. They find antique items in garages in backyards and buy them from the owners. It's fun to see what they find. Sometimes they buy something they think will be worth a lot when they sell it, but it ends up just being junk! That's fun.

    Arrested Development - What a funny show! Such a crazy family and their drama just cracks Jared and I up (well, I mostly crack up). 

    Lie To Me - We pretty much finished all we could with this show, as far as Netflix goes. It's about a guy who can tell by your face and mannerisms if you are lying or not. Human lie detector pretty much. He is hired to solve cases because he can get the whole truth from people, whether they like it or not. 

    These are all the shows I can think of. If I missed something, I'm sure Jared will tell me and I can put it in another post later on.

    We love our TV shows! Netflix is great for us!

1 comment:

  1. I've never heard of Flashpoint, but I like the idea of not always showing a happy ending...like real life, good in the long run but not free of disappointments. I might have to check it out...

    ReplyDelete