Stories from the lives of Jared, Stephanie, Aubrey, Hannah and Dani Or, Jare-phanie-brey-nah-ni


Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Sunday Hike

    Jared had a great idea to go up the Natchez Trace on Sunday and look for a fun place to picnic and hike for our anniversary weekend. 

    We may never agree on how to pronounce the trace, so ya'll can call it what you want. I say Natchez as if the "a" was the same in gnat. So Gnat-chez. Jared says the "a" as knot. So Knot-chez. We've both agreed to just let the other person say it how they want :)

    Even though we didn't find a waterfall or creek or anything, we had a fun time driving part of the trace and we even stopped for a little hike! 
    There was a rest stop that had "creek" in it's name so we thought we'd check it out and saw a sign giving directions to a look out area that was only a half mile hike. We thought we'd check it out and began our journey. 

    Our outfits: I was in jeans, a tank top and a little sweater thingy. Jared was wearing shorts and a t-shirt, so he was more prepared. But we both wore flip flops, not thinking we would actually go hiking. Hahaha next time we'll be more prepared!

    The hike was pretty fun. Not too bad, but I was happy to have brought a water bottle with me! The lookout wasn't anything too impressive because some big trees were growing and blocked most of the view. 

What you see behind us is pretty much all we could see :)

    We took a couple pictures on the way back because it is just BEAUTIFUL back there in the woods. 

 Jared is such cute stuff and the blue shirt looks nice amidst all the green :)

 Just beautiful scenery!

By the end I was dying! (And if I didn't know 100% that I was sticking out my stomach, I'd think I was gaining weight!)

    We had a great time and think it'll be great when we go hiking in in the fall. Hopefully it'll cool down so we can enjoy hiking more! I'll start working out a little bit so I can get back into shape! Thinking back to BYU days and having to climb the stairs on the south side of campus and the RB stairs of pain, I have no idea how I did it!

No comments:

Post a Comment