Stories from the lives of Jared, Stephanie, Aubrey, Hannah and Dani Or, Jare-phanie-brey-nah-ni


Tuesday, July 26, 2011

One Year Down!

    Jared and I celebrated our first year anniversary and it was so great! We got to spend the whole weekend together and had so much fun!

    Friday night we got ourselves a Papa John's pizza (so delicious) and we split it the way we normally do. My half of the pizza has pepperoni, canadian bacon and pineapple. Jared gets pepperoni, peppers and onions. We have very different tastes sometimes :)

    We also watched a movie that night, Jared's pick. We watched E.T. I'm not a big alien fan, but there were some funny parts. I didn't pay attention to anything really than the funny parts...I'm not a movie critic :)

    I made Jared go to bed early so I could decorate the apartment and I secretly wrote him a little note on a card I got without him knowing :) I'm so cute. When I got the card I also got streamers (pink and blue) like our wedding colors and I put them all over the place. 

 In the kitchen...
The living room was an obstacle course :) Either crawl under all of it, or go over and under 

    Jared liked the streamers. I also put one of his mugs in the freezer so it would be nice and chilled when I gave it to him in the morning. 

    He woke up super early Saturday morning (early compared to me). He went out and got me flowers and he wrote me a wonderful little note and hid it behind lots of files. So I clicked on documents, opened the file: OPEN THIS FOLDER STEPHANIE to open the next file: JARED to open: LOVES to open: STEPHANIE to open: YES!!!!!!!! to open: HAPPY 1ST ANNIVERSARY! to open a PDF file of a sweet note from the best husband ever! He also went out and got me a treat for the movie we would see later. I got one for him, but didn't get one for me. He thought it would be fair for us both to have a treat.

    Then Jared made cinnamon rolls, which were yummy and we had a good morning getting ready for our temple trip! We weren't going until noon, so I had time to quickly made potato salad for our picnic we had planned for Sunday. We decided it would be fun to do sealings, seeing as how we were sealed a year go. Seemed perfect! Such a great experience. 

    We took some fun pictures outside the temple!

 Jared is so cute!

 We're kinda cute sometimes. I'm SO proud of myself for getting Moroni up in the background!

 Pink flowers behind us!

Up close on cuteness!

    For lunch (because I was starving) we went to McAlisters and had a fun time! With our extra time to spare, I thought it would be good to go to the movie theater so we could buy tickets for Harry Potter 7 before they sold out, if they would. We were an hour early, got the tickets and hung out outside for a little bit. That was before I realized I didn't have my wallet in my purse...

    I freaked out and we looked all over for it. I asked the theater workers and it hadn't been returned! I'm cursing the world for the awful generations to come that steal wallets. It was a Saturday, so all the banks were closed and there was no way to call and cancel my cards before someone went on a spending spree!

    But the people were so nice and remembered we bought the tickets and believed I had honestly lost my wallet. I cried before the movie started because I am SUCH A HUGE BABY. 

    The movie was good and really fun. I'm glad the series had a good ending. When it was over we decided to try one more time to see if my wallet was returned. As we walked up to the person we talked to before, she left for a split second and came back with something familiar looking in her hand. 

    Someone was great enough to return my wallet! Oh my heck I was so happy and Jared was happy that I wasn't wanting to cry anymore! It would have been such a huge weekend spoiler for me to have lost my wallet. 

    Anyhow, we got home and I felt so much better. I decided I wanted my presents and Jared gave in. He got it all ready and came out with a little box in his hand. The only clue he gave me as to what it was was that I gave him the idea before. I remembered I said I wanted earrings, so I totally thought that's what was in the box. 

    I was half right :) I opened the nice box with the ribbon on top and found some super cute earrings! Only they weren't just earrings, they were gnome earrings! Now I can have two cute gnomes with me every day I wear them!

    That wasn't the only part of the present though. Like how Jared proposed, the real present was in his pocket. He got me a beautiful wedding band that matches my engagement ring perfectly! I couldn't get any good pictures, but it is absolutely beautiful and it makes my finger Blingin'!

    After that, we tried on our wedding outfits again :) I still fit in my dress the same way as a year ago. I had my hair curly like that day too, only my hair isn't as long as it was then. Jared put his cute pocket square and tie on!

 I still fit


    It was such an awesome first anniversary! And we made the whole weekend out of it. 

    Sunday we missed church (Whoops) and got ready for our super fun picnic! We had been planning it for weeks. I cut up the pineapple, steak, chicken, green bell peppers, got the bacon, the bbq chips, the potato salad, bbq sauce and A1 sauce, cinnamon, skewers, lighter fluid and we hit the road. Our charcoal is always in the trunk. 

    We went to Percy Priest's Lake and it was so great! We didn't go swimming, but we went to the picnic area and learned we can go canoeing for only $5 an hour! Heck yes!

    The food was so good. Jared did a great job with cooking them. The pineapple was soooo good grilled with just the cinnamon on it. We got so full so quickly. The potato salad was really good too. I got the ingredients from Laura, Jared's mom, so I'm glad it all worked out. 

Pictures:


 I tore the head off the pineapple with my bare hands!

 Good salad

 Shish kabobs off skewer

 Putting the pineapple on the grill

 So yummy looking

We were so full!

    We got home and relaxed and waited for our tummies to not be so full. When we finally got our tummies good, Jared melted some chocolate and dipped strawberries and pineapple in it! Yum Yum!!


So delicious!

    Monday was nice. When we both were up, we just had a nice time relaxing. Jared had the great idea to go out to the pool. The water felt good and we tried to tan for a little bit. But some losers came by us and started smoking, which made me want to leave. Even in the water, the smoke still got to me. 

    I started to get hungry, so we went to El Tapetio! Hooray Mexican food! We went to Mexico for our honeymoon and I didn't eat anything authentic, so Jared appreciates me liking this. And I love it! We have enough to fill us for two meals!

    Later, we went out and bought some new flowers for outside to hang above our patio. Since the bird made the nest, our flowers before died...I wanted something pretty outside. We got some very nice purplish ones, which we love. 

    Laura sent us some gift cards and a fun little card. Even though we had food left over, we thought it would be good to use one of them. We decided to go to Applebee's and get an appetizer and a dessert. Jared remembered liking the wings, so we got those, half hot half mild with sides of ranch (hooray!) and we got the triple chocolate cake. I tried the kiwi lemonade, which was pretty good, not great. The wings weren't all that great and the cake was nothing extraordinary. It was a good meal though. 

    When we got home, the Sister Missionaries dropped by! They said they were in the neighborhood and decided to drop by, but we secretly think it was them checking up on us because we missed church. They are so funny and stayed for a few minutes and we just talked and hung out. They are absolutely amazing and it makes me want to miss church  more if it means they'll drop by!

    The rest of the night was just relaxing. Nothing too big. We went to bed at a decent hour because we both had to return to work the next day. 

    Such a great weekend and a great first year of marriage! It's amazing how it doesn't even feel like a year. We're just living life and we love it!

    We appreciate all the love and support from our family and friends! We are so happy to be married and we love that it's for eternity! Hooray an eternity of great anniversaries just like this one!!!

  

No comments:

Post a Comment