Stories from the lives of Jared, Stephanie, Aubrey, Hannah and Dani Or, Jare-phanie-brey-nah-ni


Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Missionary Fun!

    Somehow the Sister Missionaries had Jared's name written down for exchanges last night. We aren't quite sure how it happened, but we are SO glad it did!

    The Sisters are so sweet and they texted me yesterday afternoon asking for Jared's number because he said he would go on exchanges with them that night. I laughed and gave them his number, thinking he'd be out and I would stay home. But nope! Jared said I was going with them.

    The first and last time I remember going out with sister missionaries was not the best experience. They were Spanish-speaking and I only went because they were teaching a friend of mine and he told them I would give them a ride. They spoke Spanish the whole time except for when they asked me to bear my testimony on the spot. That's not my kind of thing...

    But this time was so great! Jared and I had enough time to eat dinner before we met up with the Sisters to go visit/teach this lady. We got a quick background on her and learned she is very smart and knows her stuff. I got nervous, because I honestly don't know a lot of stuff...

    We got to her house and it was so great. The lady has met with missionaries before, but she had been out of town. She wanted to ask the Sisters some questions to clarify what she was reading. Her major in school was Religious Studies, so she knows her stuff and her Bible. She asked about the chronological timeline in relation to the Bible. I had no idea....but the Sisters were amazing and answered her question with no problem.

    Anyhow, all in all, I think it went great. Even though it might have just been an academic visit, the spirit was there, I learned stuff and we answered her questions.

    When it was over, Jared and I thought it would be silly to follow the Sisters as a little joke, to see where they were going and if it led us back to a main road and out of the neighborhood. Turns out, they were heading to a couple they like to visit. I'm so bad at remembering faces, so I think I have seen them at church, but I'm not sure. Lately, it's been hard for them to get to church now that she is going through terrible morning sickness, but I am so excited to see the couple again! They seem really great.

    It was so nice to meet them and I think it was a fun visit. Sister Valentine just shared a quick message and left the couple some homework for the week. :) Sister Franson has such a sweet testimony and they both are such great Sisters.

    Jared and I are wanting to go out more with them, especially if they go back and teach the first lady. We hope the couple will come back to church. We'll make sure to look out for them so they don't sit by themselves.

    Last night was such a great missionary experience and I am so excited to have more. I even created a mormon.org profile and it was approved, thank goodness! For some reason I was worried they would think my responses were blasphemous! I keep changing them every now and then when I think of something I would like to add.

    The link to my page is: Mormon.org and I would love for ya'll to check it out. Please offer ideas and help me make this a missionary tool!

No comments:

Post a Comment