Stories from the lives of Jared, Stephanie, Aubrey, Hannah and Dani Or, Jare-phanie-brey-nah-ni


Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Fun Weekend in Marietta!

    It was our first long weekend here in our new area of Marietta. We had a normal weekend, but Monday was the special part where my parents came to visit for a little bit! I've wanted to show off our apartment to someone for a while, and it was so fun showing my parents. They also came with great baby stuff! 

    My mom brought over blankets I used and that her grandparents and Mom made. She also brought lots of cute clothes, both new and a little older :) Some of the dresses I wore when I was little, there is a dress she wore as a baby. 

    And the extra fun bit was seeing the dress I got blessed in! What's fun about the blessing dress is that my Mom wore it, I wore it, and our little baby will probably wear it!

    Mom also brought some of those cute socks that look like shoes and some super cute onesies!

    As far as our apartment goes, we've gotten most everything all set up and ready to go! Jared put the curtains in our room up after we found the perfect ones to match our bed and pillows! I played with the second bathroom and it looks all pretty with the rug and shower curtain and little trash pail. We've hung up all the pictures we've cared to and we're still brainstorming of what to do with the huge wall in our living area. Everything we put on it looks too tiny. 

    I figured now would be a good time to post a few pictures of our new home. I wanted to show it off to my parents before putting up pictures :) Pictures don't always look good, and our apartment looks awesome!

 Our dining area

 Our living area with a peek into the sun room

A closer look into the sun room with the blinds kinda open. We have our patio furniture in there to make it look good, as well as a bouncy ball :)

 Our kitchen that leads out to the dining area

 The kitchen showing where the washer and dryer will eventually go when we get one. Also shows off our food storage :)

Our bedroom with awesome matching curtains

The other half of the bedroom showing off the other curtain :)

 Our awesome walk-in closet!

    Our apartment really does look better than this, my camera just can't take good pictures it seems...

    I'm still working on the baby's room. I don't want to show it until it is ready, or at least almost ready. 

No comments:

Post a Comment