Stories from the lives of Jared, Stephanie, Aubrey, Hannah and Dani Or, Jare-phanie-brey-nah-ni


Monday, January 23, 2012

Starting the Countdown Tonight!

    Everyone knows that I am pregnant and due in a few months. Everyone also knows that I can't keep track of how many weeks I am without cheating and looking at my calendar!

    So tonight as a way to help Jared and I countdown to the glorious day our baby girl comes, we are making a chain-link countdown! We did it for our wedding too and it helped us get excited and remember how many days away we were, without having to count and do any sort of math :)

    Yesterday was the 80 day mark! Which means I am less than 12 weeks, less than 3 months and now less than 80 days away! 

    There are still so many things left to do!! We need to finish the baby's room with cute little things, my Mom has already planned and is getting the online baby shower set up and we need a few more baby items before I'll feel ready. 

    Jared and I have also been writing little letters for when the baby comes. I write about the fun things like having her move and I try to keep track of what foods make her move like a crazy person! We both write about how excited we are for her and we already love her so much!

    I can't believe I am getting this close to having a baby! It seems like just a little bit ago we were just finding out we are having a girl and we told our families! For a long time, I wasn't even showing! Now I have a difficult time just bending over! Putting my socks on is extremely difficult sometimes, especially when this crazy baby feels like moving!

    Jared and I are so excited to have this baby girl in April! We can hardly wait to meet her and play with her! Jared is already planning on getting her lots of toys, whether or not they are girl toys, so he can play with her after work and on the weekends :) I'm getting myself ready for not sleeping well by having restless nights right now. As far as I know, I haven't had any crazy dreams, but I don't seem to sleep well enough to have dreams worth remembering. 

    I will put up a picture of our countdown and I'll try and find something I can put on the blog as a countdown for the few of you who read this blog :)

    I only have 79 days to go!!

2 comments:

  1. We need you to come back to Nashville for a baby shower. Or did you have one and I missed it?

    ReplyDelete