Stories from the lives of Jared, Stephanie, Aubrey, Hannah and Dani Or, Jare-phanie-brey-nah-ni


Friday, January 27, 2012

What I Have Learned

Here is a compilation of things I have learned since being in Marietta Georgia:

  • It only takes 20-25 minutes for me to walk a mile in my pregnant and out-of-shape physical condition
  • Some CVS stores have a food section
  • This CVS food section is expensive and will only be gone to in emergencies
  • The Chattahoochee is just a few minutes walk down a hill from our apartment
  • This hill can be treacherous, even with a path
  • Having a washer and dryer in the apartment is a luxury
  • Ground level apartments have some of the scariest moments with people running around
  • If a loud man sounds like he's trying to break down a door to get to his ex-wife who is hiding the kids from him, lock all 3 deadbolts on the door, run to the bathroom/bedroom with your phone and wait until he leaves before returning to the living room
  • There is only enough hot water to handle a 20 minute shower; anything over 20 minutes leads to freezing cold water
  • Our baby loves the sound of Daddy/Jared's voice
  • Frying chicken in a skillet is a lot easier than I originally thought
  • Pajama pants are more comfortable to wear than jeans
  • Krispy Kreme is so much better than Dunkin Donuts
  • Cookies are one of my weaknesses 
It's been fun figuring things out and finding new things to do! There are more things I have learned since being here, I just can't think of them right now :)

1 comment:

  1. YES! Kripsy Kreme is a million times better than DD. If only there were more kripsy kreme's in this world!

    3 deadbolts on the door!?!?! I hope this neighborhood is safer than it is sounding!

    ReplyDelete