Stories from the lives of Jared, Stephanie, Aubrey, Hannah and Dani Or, Jare-phanie-brey-nah-ni


Saturday, April 7, 2012

3 AM

    For the past few nights, I have woken up around 3 AM each morning and find myself unable to sleep. It's getting really annoying. Poor Jared, I think, is getting pretty sick of it too. 

    Does anyone have any suggestions or recommendations for helping me sleep better? I don't eat or drink right before bed, I make sure I'm in comfy clothes and I sometimes fall asleep quickly. 

    But sure enough, it's the third night in a row where I am up and about at 3 AM!

    I will also accept suggestions and recommendations of things to do at this terrible hour. Usually after being up for a while, I get hungry and need a snack. I just ran out of yogurt. Any ideas for a good snack?

    Being able to get back to sleep quickly and staying asleep will also help Jared. My tossing and turning only makes the night worse for him. I tried cuddling with him one night, but my arm around him just made him dream of a cat jumping on him. His scared reaction about scared me right off the bed!

    I would appreciate any comments anyone has for me! Even if they are silly or out of the ordinary! I just need a little help :) 

2 comments:

  1. Ryan takes a supplement called melatonin that promotes restful sleep. It makes it so you can sleep better and not wake up groggy. You can find it in the vitamin aisle. Not sure if you can take it while preggers/breastfeeding though... Ryan has never been in that situation ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Melatonin is a hormone that your body produces to regulate your sleep cycles. If you supplement with it, your body will stop producing it naturally. Then when you stop taking the supplement, you won't have any natural melatonin produced by your brain and will spend many more restless nights while your body gets around to producing it again. Make sure it's completely dark while you're sleeping and that you're eating an optimal diet.

    ReplyDelete