Stories from the lives of Jared, Stephanie, Aubrey, Hannah and Dani Or, Jare-phanie-brey-nah-ni


Monday, November 25, 2013

Family Excursions

We are getting ready for our trip to Ohio for Thanksgiving at Jared's grandparents' home.

I'm planning for the WORST possible scenario, hoping it will be better and I can be a happy mom.

But I'm not TOO optimistic. 

The last couple trips out there, Aubrey was NOT the happiest or the easiest. She was teething and going through a growth spurt and was SO shy, getting through the day was a struggle. 

We'll leave Thursday in the morning pretty soon after she wakes up. Poor baby will have to be in the car for 2 HOURS! Hopefully we'll get there before her nap so she can run around and get her energy under control.

Jared would like to stay for a few days and come back on Sunday. I'm TOTALLY fine with that. I just always feel REALLY bad when Aubrey isn't a happy guest. 

I started making the list of things to bring to make Aubrey comfortable while there. It's turning in to a huge list! She'll need clothes, change of clothes, pajamas, socks, her playpen, blankets, her toothbrush, and the list goes ON AND ON!!

Oh man, I hope I don't forget anything! It's Jared's family so he'll want to spend time with them. I get that. No problem. But if I'm the one taking charge of Aubrey, I want to make sure she has EVERYTHING to help her stay in a good mood! If it means I take over the room with the TV to watch Winnie the Pooh or Tangled, so be it!

But I'm REALLY really hoping she'll do well in the car, be good after getting used to everyone in Ohio, and be cute and happy and playful in the huge backyard.

The REAL goal this weekend though is to get a good picture of Aubrey with Jared's grandparents! The last attempt did not have a good ending :)

No comments:

Post a Comment