Stories from the lives of Jared, Stephanie, Aubrey, Hannah and Dani Or, Jare-phanie-brey-nah-ni


Thursday, November 21, 2013

Laundry Days

Aubrey is HYSTERICAL when I need to do laundry! 

She's become my own personal helper when I load things in to the washing machine. She'll pull out socks and small things from the basket and NICELY put it in the machine. 

When it's time to switch to the dryer, she'll pull things out FOR me. And she LOVES when I lift her up to toss the dryer sheet in.

FOLDING is another matter, but even then, she's not TOO terrible. Just just likes to climb in the basket and get in the way. Sometimes she'll knock over piles, but that's easy to fix. 

Jared was SUPER sweet this morning and while I stayed in bed for an extra few minutes, he started a load. By the time Aubrey and I were home from dropping him off at work, the first wash load was DONE.

Today is a BIG laundry day. I'm doing whites, darks, towels and Aubrey's clothes. On good days I can SQUEEZE Aubrey's tiny clothes in to our load of whites. Not today. She has towels and blankets I need to wash. 

Maybe someday I'll add ironing to my list of tasks on laundry day. But I burn myself ALL THE TIME when I iron. So if Jared wants his shirts to look good, HE has to do it! Things like that take me a small notch below being a perfect wife.

No comments:

Post a Comment