Stories from the lives of Jared, Stephanie, Aubrey, Hannah and Dani Or, Jare-phanie-brey-nah-ni


Thursday, March 10, 2011

Anticipating the Weekend!

    Jared and I are getting all set to drive out to Chicago for his sister's school play. It's her first one and we are so excited! As a former theater guru myself, it'll be so fun to see her in Beauty and the Beast! When my High School did that performance, I was the pepper shaker. Woohoo! Every night I got to shake what my mama gave me! Ok, not really, but I did have a fun few second solo with my friend the salt shaker and we got to shake some of the glitter off our costumes! :) 

    Anyway, there are still some things to do before we leave. And to Jared's dismay, they are all rather unnecessary, but I still want them done! For example. I don't want to have to do a lot of laundry when we get back, so I went ahead and did it this morning. 

 
Ta Da!! The Laundry Center is very small, but still nice.

    Another thing that is a necessity is finishing my flashcards for my Humanities 202 midterm next week. I sent in all my assignments (Thanks Rachel Scroggins for editing my papers!!!) and I had my midterm shipped to a school near here. Now all I have to do is finish my GIANT stack of flashcards!

 
Good thing I'm all set with my book, pen, Jared's lap top and some blank index cards.

    The next things on the list are the ones Jared doesn't really want to do. But he has no choice! We are going to clean the whole apartment tonight. I don't want to come home Sunday night to a messy apartment. I'd rather clean it now and have it be beautiful for when we come home! Jared gets to come home from work and find a nice little card telling him the chores he has to do (or else!!). Don't worry, they aren't anything too horrendous. And he can do them while I run out to the store tonight to get groceries that will sit in the fridge/freezer for Monday, because I don't want to go out shopping Sunday night. That's not me being lazy...it's keeping the Sabbath day holy. Even though on Sunday we will be driving and having to stop for gas, I try my best to stick to what church leaders say.

    The more things I get off my check list, the more excited I get about going to Chicago! It'll be so nice being to go and just visit, rather than live there again in the freezing cold weather. And I'm pretty sure it'll make me appreciate this little apartment so much more! :)

    The running tally of movies watched for the other person is the same: Jared 2       Stephanie 3

1 comment:

  1. I'll take cleaning over going to Wal-Mart. I am pretty sure the Spirit leaves when I go there. Nothing gives me a headache and puts me in a bad mood like that place. I've tried to like it because Stephanie does, but it's impossible. And it's not just the Wal-Mart in Nashville. I started noticing my spiritual allergic reaction to the place in Provo. So, I will clean the bathroom with a smile on my face tonight, knowing I am avoiding Wal-Mart.

    PS My wife is totally hot!

    ReplyDelete