Stories from the lives of Jared, Stephanie, Aubrey, Hannah and Dani Or, Jare-phanie-brey-nah-ni


Thursday, March 31, 2011

Rewarding Success

    Woohoo I did well on another Accounting quiz. It only feels like forever when I'm going through the lesson, but it's so nice to see my entire day was not wasted! Now I have plenty of time to enjoy the cold, gloomy weather...bitter sweet...

    But there are so many things to reward my success with. Yesterday though, I ate the rest of my rocky road ice cream. Last night, Jared and I finished off the last two thin mint Girl Scout cookies...so delicious.

    Now, I am back to rewarding myself with some YouTube time! Jared showed me a Conan O'Brien clip and I about died thinking it was so funny! He's out talking to a group of people who play baseball in the 1864 style. Click HERE to see the clip!

    Conan also does a spoof on Rebecca Black's Friday song which I find hilarious and it fits perfectly with today. Click HERE to see his song about Thursday!

    I will admit, I watched Rebecca Black's video and I agree with most people that it isn't really that great of a song. But it was brave of her to do it and put herself out there. I really hope she is coping well with her video being the most disliked on YouTube.

    From watching her video, I moved on to watch some of Justin Bieber's songs and then to Lady Gaga and I ended the day watching Adam Lambert videos. Really, it was all just to waste time, but I would rather look at it as rewarding my good efforts in school!

    I'm trying to think of other rewards though that might be better for me. I love chocolate, but it always goes too quickly. If I open up one of the cases of Dr. Pepper for one can, the whole pack will be gone in two weeks. YouTube might end up melting my brain in a few weeks.

    After talking to an awesome friend, Suz Cox, I started thinking about Netflix...free trial for one month. Sounds good to me! I can watch movies and TV shows that Hulu won't let me watch! This will be great!

    I just have to remember that Netflix is a reward...not a distraction from school work and studying...

No comments:

Post a Comment