Stories from the lives of Jared, Stephanie, Aubrey, Hannah and Dani Or, Jare-phanie-brey-nah-ni


Monday, March 28, 2011

    Apparently, I've had a mystery list of things I've wanted to do or have done. I've never written this list down, or even realized it's been a list! It seems I've had a collection of ideas in my head of random activities for several years and am just now acknowledging them. 

    One, I can successfully french braid my hair. It takes a few tries and my arms start to ache from all the random muscles I use, but I can get it done! Now, I'm not saying it looks great or anything :) It just gets the job done and is easy to recognize as the "style."  CHECK! In fact, it was because of this great feat that I first became aware of this random list.

    Two, make a classy dessert. I made pie once and even wrote about it here, but it wasn't a normal pie...just a random creation that had bits from a pie recipe. Some day, I will make a great dessert that will look pretty, taste great and be something special.

    Third, watch every movie Jared and I own. This one might take a while to finish. There are a few movies Jared has that I just don't feel like watching. And I'm still finishing the stack of movies my mom brought during her last visit, but for some reason, I want to watch every movie in this apartment. This doesn't mean I have to be awake during the whole movie though :) Jared falls asleep during movies all the time, so I can too!

    Fourth, I want to burn one of my school books that I will never use again, or ever have hopes of selling. People talk about throwing all their notes away and burning books in bonfires. I've thrown the notes away, but I haven't burned a book...yet

    Fifth, I want to drive a really, REALLY fast car. Jared got to test drive a Nissan Leaf today, and I am so jealous! But it got me thinking, I want to drive something awesome, and around a track or whatever. I feel the need for speed at times, but poor Bob Dixon (Jared's car) just doesn't cut it...no offense to Bob Dixon. He's been good to us. 


    Sixth, the apartment will one day look better than the day we moved in. I clean the apartment in segments. So the living room and dining room/space looks great, but the kitchen and bathroom has junk all over the counters. One day, ALL of it will be clean and put together and look awesome. Even if only for one day...


    Seventh, I want to own a pair of shoes in every color I like. So far I have pink, blue and green. White, brown and black don't count...everyone has those colors. I will be searching for purple, gold/yellow, silver-ish, and maybe red. 

    I'll stop my list here. I believe this is a good stopping point, because some of those look to be a little impossible. Who would EVER let me drive their fast car!? And I'm not a good enough cook/chef yet to even try making a super cool dessert. Oh well. This is why it's the list I've never acknowledged until now. 

No comments:

Post a Comment