Stories from the lives of Jared, Stephanie, Aubrey, Hannah and Dani Or, Jare-phanie-brey-nah-ni


Wednesday, March 23, 2011

My Raging Rantings

    This day started off wonderful. I got a formal job offer from Bank of America! I'll start training in two weeks to be a part-time teller. Not too bad! We're going to build our savings so we don't get too far in debt when life gets harder and this wonderful bliss we are currently in. :)

    Once I filled out the stuff I needed to and scheduled an appointment to get finger-printed (there goes all my dreams of robbing a bank and getting away with it), I was feeling pretty confident with how things were going! I was makin plans to study and have a productive day. Then I made a crucial mistake...

    I have yet to change my driver's license to my married name and now we are in a new state with my license fixin' to expire in June. Shoot...so I look online to figure out what I need to bring and what I'd need to do to change my name and get a Tennessee license. 

    I couldn't find anything helpful on their blasted website! Just a bunch of jibberish that just confused me. So I get this wonderful idea to call someone like an operator who can answer my simple question of "what do I need to bring?"

    After being on hold for HALF AN HOUR and having a simple headache turn into a full blown migraine, Jared was such a sweetheart and found the information I needed online.

    This morning was so wonderful getting the job and I had such high hopes. Because everything was going so well, I was going to look into changing my license and spend most of the day studying. NOPE!

    I spent a total of an hour on the phone to only hang up in the end. I have some very mean words for the people at the DMV and I'm sure there will be another mean post about how incompetent and rude they are. 

    Now the rest of my day will be filled with a bitter attitude until Jared comes home and gives me a big hug while I burst into tears. 

Other rantings:
    These darn gaggles of gooses outside are driving me nuts with their irritating noises. Can't they just find a spot to land and be quiet?
    There are some big, fat bumblebees outside that make me terrified to sit on our patio furniture while I study. Competing for the same space is also a wasp that lingers close to the screen door as he develops a plan to get in the apartment. As soon as he comes in, I'm running out. 
    As much as I love Spring and having everything look beautiful again, I'm sick of the birds. Glad they survived the winter and all that, but after watching The Birds a few times throughout my life, I don't like them.
    I still can't get over how rude and irritating and inconsiderate the DMV was/is. When I get there Monday after being finger-printed and I hear one phone ring and no one picks it up, I will flip out. Might even end my awesome streak of not swearing aloud (as opposed to in my head).
    The maintenance crew here is so loud. It's like they have to either be right outside my door or right under my patio when they start yelling at each other across the courtyard. They must be competing with those silly birds on who can be the loudest.   

No comments:

Post a Comment