Stories from the lives of Jared, Stephanie, Aubrey, Hannah and Dani Or, Jare-phanie-brey-nah-ni


Thursday, March 3, 2011

New Home = New Hobbies

     My husband Jared and I moved to Nashville the beginning of the year. He is starting his career while I finish school online. This was great at first! I was totally motivated to get school done and out of the way! I loved spending time at home! There was so much to do, like clean and cook and work all day on school! Now, I'm singing a whole new tune. 

     School is still good, it just gets boring after a while. I can successfully carry on verbal conversations with myself, which was the first sign of becoming insane. The next sign was watching every show possible on Hulu, which means only the latest 5 episodes, thanks to Hulu Plus. The final sign was when I began contemplating reorganizing all the furniture in the apartment in every possible way. 

     Krisy Shaughnessy, a great friend, former roommate and fellow newlywed suggested I find some new hobbies. What a great idea! She suggested some hobbies like scrap-booking, shopping and knitting. While all good ideas, I've come up with a few myself! The Top 3 are listed below with explanations:

#1    First and foremost, I am starting this very blog! I don't know very much about blogging, so this will be entertaining for me and Jared, and it will be a learning experience! It's important to learn something every day, and sometimes school just doesn't cut it. I'm not sure how learning about Humanities will influence my future, but I can keep blogging for years! Most of this will be ramblings, but I promise to make them entertaining!

#2    Second, I will become an amazing juggler! In High School, I went on a theater trip and took some silly clown class with a friend. Who would have thought I was coordinated enough to juggle after only 45 minutes! I won a small prize for being the female in the class with the most potential of being a juggler. Hahaha the prize were my very own juggling balls! I have kept them over the years as a funny memory, but it is time to develop my talent! Once I am good, I will post pictures to show off my awesome skills!

#3    Third, I will be able to throw together a full course meal in only an hour. And it will be within a budget! Currently, I only know how to successfully make a few meals and some of them are random. For example, I can't seem to make waffles very well, but I am pro and making pancakes. Crazy! There will be updates of my progress and possibly pictures of failures and successes!

     This is all a learning experience, so please don't judge me! I appreciate comments on how to improve this blog and I would love tips about making it look great!

No comments:

Post a Comment